Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Postbaby Bikini Bods....




So it just came to my attention that Life & Style has Kourtney Kardashian on the cover, the headline reading "How I lost 33 pounds." Not surprisingly she's in a bikini and looks really good. Then a thought hit me, and I was like... Why is this a popular cover feature? I'm going to guess they sell well? Either way, it seems sort of ridiculous that women are rushed into having a bikini body after giving birth to a child. It probably makes the women who buy it feel that they also need to look like that in the same amount of time. Life & Style's website published some of the issue's interview with Kourtney on their website, and this is a snippet:

L&S: Have you reached your goal?
Kourtney: I have a few pounds until I get back to what I was before: 100 pounds. But I feel comfortable. I weigh about 107 pounds.

.. Not that someone her height shouldn't weigh 107, because many people do and they look totally healthy. But 3 months after having a baby? really? Hmmm

Sources: Life & Style magazine. March 31st, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment